Are you frustrated with your limp lashes? Are they too short? Perhaps, too blonde? Women have sought longer lashes as a beauty upgrade for years. You can’t fake flirty and fluttery lashes that would make runway models jealous with lengthening mascaras!
- Maybe you’ve been stressed out or have had a medical condition that caused them to fall out?
- Are you tired of dealing with the sticky, itchy mess of applying fake eyelashes?
- Piling loads of mascara to thicken and lengthen your lashes?
- Not to mention the hassle of removing all of that mascara at the end of a long day?
Some people need reinforcement, and that’s where growth serums come into play! LATISSE® is an FDA-approved treatment to grow eyelashes for people with inadequate or not enough lashes.
With Latisse, eyelashes can grow longer, thicker and darker. Yes! Longer, thicker and darker! Today, we’ll get to know Latisse and help you decide if it is a good idea for you. Keep reading for the good stuff!
The Birth of Latisse
Providers discovered Latisse by accident. They began prescribing bimatoprost, the active ingredient in Latisse, for glaucoma patients or patients with ocular hypertension. In as little as 6-8 weeks, they noticed that patients were returning with thicker, longer, and darker lashes.
Shortly after this discovery, in 2008, Latisse was born! Since the FDA approved it in 2008, providers have sold over 8.7 million kits of Latisse. That’s a lot of happy eyelashes.
How Does Latisse Work?
Providers aren’t exactly sure! Bimatoprost, the active ingredient in Latisse, is similar to a natural chemical in the body called prostaglandin.
Researchers suggest Latisse stimulates hair cells to go into a growth cycle when they usually would be in a hibernation state, which produces more lashes faster.
Is It Easy to Use?
Yes! You apply Latisse once daily in the evening or as directed by your provider. The application steps are easy.
- Remove your make-up and contact lenses.
- Place one drop of Latisse onto the applicator provided.
- Immediately draw the applicator carefully across the skin of the upper eyelid margin at the bottom of the eyelashes going from the inner part of your lash line to the outer part.
- Blot excess solution you apply beyond the eyelid margin.
- Throw away the applicator after applying the medication.
- Repeat with a new applicator for the other upper eyelid.
Voila! You are on your way to thick luscious lashes!
What Else Do I Need to Know?
- Latisse may cause eyelid skin darkening near your lashes. The good news is after you stop using Latisse, your skin returns to its normal pigmentation.
- Your iris, the colored part of the eye, may change color to a browner pigment. This change can be permanent if it happens in blue or light-colored eyes.
- You may experience red eyes, dry eyes, eyelid irritation, and itchiness. You can lessen these side effects by using eye drops.
- It may take several weeks to notice new hair growth. It takes several weeks to stimulate the hair growth cycle and can take up to 4 months for dramatic changes to be noticeable.
- You must keep using it to maintain results. If you quit at the first sign of fuller lashes, your lashes will stop getting fuller.
Love Using Statistics to Back Your Decisions?
In a 16-week clinical study, researchers gave 278 people either Latisse or a placebo (a serum with no active ingredient). The results showed that Latisse was effective for 78% of the participants who used it. Those patients saw a:
- 25% increase in lash length
- 16% increase in lash thickness/fullness
- 18% increase in lash darkness
The results were clear that Latisse really works!
Contact Us Today!
Get in touch with us today to learn more about Latisse and see if it’s a good fit for you. We’ll answer all of your questions and concerns!
Our team has extensive training, experience, and a passion for providing patients with the absolute best. Get in touch with us today to learn more about Latisse or to schedule your consultation!