SkinCeuticals. Sound familiar? We’re sure you’ve seen their skincare products on the spa or dermatologist’s shelf. Or maybe an esthetician recommends their products to you. But do you know what’s behind the company?
And, believe us when we say we spent hours researching and auditioning the best skincare products for our clients! SkinCeuticals products provide excellent and effective skincare solutions, and their company is the whole package.
From the brand mission to how they give back to the community, SkinCeuticals is a brand we trust. So, today, we’ll share our discoveries with you so they can be a brand you trust too.
Today, SkinCeuticals has one mission: to improve skin health. And, their formulas focus on correcting signs of:
- Protecting healthy skin
- Preventing future damage
Furthermore, they are committed to the highest, medical-grade formulation standards. They only use pharmaceutical-grade ingredients. And, final formulations of their products undergo extensive clinical testing to prove they deliver on their claims.
To provide advanced skincare backed by science. SkinCeuticals makes sure that their skincare products are back by science from development through the final packaging.
Because the company is true to its word, the following professionals use their products to complement aesthetic procedures.
- Plastic surgeons
Thousands of people use these products for their daily skincare regimen.
Where It All Began
Nearly 40 years ago, Dr. Sheldon Pinnell began researching and developing technologies that assist in the prevention of accelerated skin aging and skin cancer. He created SkinCeuticals in 1997, where he is currently a founding scientist and chief medical advisor.
So, under Dr. Pinnell’s guidance, SkinCeuticals has been established as the skincare industry’s antioxidant authority.
In the years since he started the company, SkinCeuticals has continued to pave the way with breakthroughs that have changed the face of skin science.
The brand and its products were born from decades of skin cancer research that led to pivotal breakthroughs in antioxidants. SkinCeuticals specializes in high potency formulas that are concentrated in pure actives. And they have been proven to penetrate optimally into skin.
Here’s a basic breakdown of the breakthroughs SkinCeuticals have made in the industry.
- 1997 – SkinCeuticals launched its first products, Serum 10 and Serum 15.
- 1999 – SkinCeuticals discovered the addition of Vitamin E would boost antioxidant formulations by doubling the level of photo-protection.
- 2002 – SkinCeuticals introduced Physical UV Defense SPF 30, which was the first 100% physical sunscreen.
- 2005 – SkinCeuticals launched the ever-popular C E Ferulic based on research that revealed that infrared radiation A (IRA) causes free radical damage that results in accelerated skin aging.
- 2008 – SkinCeuticals established a new class of antioxidants with the introduction of Phloretin CF.
- 2011 – SkinCeuticals launched a product called Phloretin CF Gel, which marked an entirely new antioxidant delivery system.
- 2013 – SkinCeuticals introduced their Advanced Pigment Corrector, which was the next-generation in comprehensive skin discoloration treatments.
- 2014 – Resveratrol B E was brought to the market. It is the first antioxidant night concentrate to boost the skin’s antioxidant defense system to help repair and prevent accumulated damage for improved radiance, elasticity, and density.
The breakthroughs keep on coming— and we love every one of them!
Why SkinCeuticals Focuses on Antioxidants
SkinCeuticals isn’t considered the antioxidant authority for anything. Their product line contains:
- Four generations of topical antioxidant formulations
- Ten patents
- Has been the focus of more than 200 studies published in prestigious medical journals
And, all of their research and products have proven that adequately formulated topical antioxidants can neutralize skin-damaging free radicals. The appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and discoloration can even be improved.
Antioxidants also protect from free radicals that cause damage deep in the skin. Sunscreens protect skin from UV rays, while antioxidants prevent skin damage caused by other environmental aggressors such as infrared radiation, pollution, cigarette smoke, alcohol, and more.
How Do Antioxidants Work? Here’s the Science
Oxidation is damage that occurs when molecules lose electrons. Antioxidants are molecules that inhibit the oxidation of other molecules. Five types of antioxidants are naturally found in the body:
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)
- Alpha-tocopherol (vitamin E)
- Alpha-lipoic acid
These protect against cellular damage. Antioxidants work by different mechanisms to stop or neutralize damage. Of these five antioxidants, only vitamins C and E prove to get into the body through the skin.
Also, topical antioxidants also work to neutralize free radicals and protect against UV damage. UV rays, pollution, alcohol, and cigarette smoke generate unstable free radical molecules.
Over time, free radical damage leads to visible signs of accelerated skin aging, including:
- Fine lines
- Skin cancer
Hence, using a topical antioxidant alongside sunscreen as part of your daily skincare regimen can provide complete protection from environmental damage.
Making an Even Bigger Impact
SkinCeuticals has partnered with ReSurge International. ReSurge is a global nonprofit dedicated to increasing access to reconstructive surgical care in developing countries. Their goal is to create Pioneer Women in Reconstructive Surgery.
And, this initiative is dedicated to educating the first generation of local women reconstructive surgeons in developing nations. These women often face significant technical and cultural obstacles to gaining acceptance in their field.
Also, SkinCeuticals is committed to minimizing its environmental impact in all aspects of development. Through optimization efforts, they continue to reduce their use of shipping cartons and corrugated materials.
Furthermore, they instituted the use of wind turbines in the 2016 modernization of their fulfillment center. These turbines improve their company’s carbon neutrality measurably.
Contact Us Today
We don’t just sell SkinCeuticals products, we believe in them. Contact us today!