Fasting is a hot topic in health and wellness, so you’re probably familiar with the basics. There are many types of fasting methods, such as intermittent fasting and water fasting, but a form of fasting you may not be familiar with yet is fasting mimicking.
Keep reading because we are going to discuss, “The ProLon FastingMimicking Diet.” The name says it all! This diet restricts calories for a set period so that it mimics fasting.
What Is the Fasting Mimicking Diet?
He made modifications to the diet that avoid the calorie deprivation associated with other types of fasting. The protocol he created is based on decades of research and several clinical studies.
Anyone can follow fast mimicking principles, but Dr. Longo has made it easy to follow his protocols by creating a five-day weight loss program called the ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet.
What Can You Expect from the Prolon Fasting Mimicking Diet?
Fat Focused Weight Loss
It’s the fastest way to lose fat (especially belly fat) while protecting lean body mass.
Enhanced Cellular Function
It can trigger stem cell-based regeneration and autophagy (the clean up of aging and damaged cells) and promote stem cell-based renewal.
Increased Metabolic Health
It helps maintain healthy levels of blood glucose, cholesterol, blood pressure, and other markers of inflammation for overall wellness.
How Does the ProLon diet work?
When you purchase the ProLon meal kit, you will receive five individual boxes. You eat one box per day and eat the meal kit only. Because each box’s calorie content varies between days, dieters mustn’t mix foods or carry foods over into the next day.
In each box, a specific combination of food is provided for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. The meal kits are low in carbs and protein yet high in healthy fats like olives and flax.
All foods are vegetarian, whole-food derived, plant-based, and gluten- and lactose-free. The unique combination of nutrients and reducing calories is meant to trick your body into thinking it’s fasting, even though it’s being given energy.
ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet Kit
A five-day ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet kit includes:
- Nut bars made from macadamia nut butter, honey, flax, almond meal, and coconut.
- Algal oil. A vegetarian-based supplement that provides dieters with 200 mg of the omega-3 fatty acid DHA.
- Soup blends including minestrone, minestrone quinoa, mushroom, and tomato soup.
- Spearmint, hibiscus, and lemon-spearmint tea.
- Dark chocolate crisp bar. A dessert bar made with cocoa powder, almonds, chocolate chips, and flax.
- Kale crackers made with flax seeds, nutritional yeast, kale, herbs, and pumpkin seeds.
- Olives are included as a high-fat snack. One pack is provided on day one, while two packs are provided on days two through five.
- NR-1. A powdered vegetable supplement delivers a dose of vitamins and minerals that you wouldn’t normally consume during a traditional fast.
- L-Drink. A glycerol-based energy drink is given on days two through five when your body has started gluconeogenesis (begins to create energy from noncarbohydrate sources, such as fats).
Dieters are encouraged only to consume what is contained in the meal kit and to avoid consuming any other foods or beverages with two exceptions:
- You can flavor the soups with fresh herbs and lemon juice.
- Dieters are encouraged to stay hydrated with plain water and decaffeinated teas during the five-day fast.
What Are the Potential Downsides?
The biggest downside to many may be the cost. The protocol recommends taking the five-day meal plan every one to six months. Contact us for more information!
Who Should Fasting Mimicking Diet and Who Should Avoid It?
The Fasting Mimicking Diet is most likely safe for healthy individuals; however, ProLon does not recommend its diet for pregnant or breastfeeding women and underweight or malnourished people.
If you are allergic to nuts, soy, oats, sesame, or celery/celeriac, you should avoid the ProLon meal kit as it contains these ingredients.
If you have medical conditions such as diabetes or kidney disease, talk to your doctor before trying it out. Intermittent fasting may also not be appropriate for those with a history of disordered eating.
Just remember — like other fasting methods — you need to continue this diet long term to reap the potential benefits. You must follow the protocol every one to six months to obtain optimal results.
To Sum It Up
The ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet provides scientifically researched micro-and macro-nutrients in precise quantities and combinations that nourish your body.
However, your body does not recognize it as food, so your body mimics a fasting state. No need to feel hungry, low-energy, or down in the dumps while you are dieting or fasting. If you are looking to:
- Regenerate your cells
- Boost your metabolic health
- Decrease inflammation
- Lose fat while feeling great
This plan may be what you are looking for in 2021. So, contact us today!